Friday 25 February 2011

I stand with Planned Parenthood because...

*


I stand with Planned Parenthood because I care about the health and well being of my fellow inhabitants of the United States. I believe in the prevention of sexually transmitted infection and cancer. I believe in intentional motherhood and intentional fatherhood. I believe in comprehensive sex education. I believe that it is a crime to keep information about the human body out of the hands of people with human bodies. I believe that Planned Parenthood effects more than just women, it effects our whole society.


Most of all, I stand with Planned Parenthood because I believe in improving our quality of life, not just ensuring quantity. 


*I would like to point out that I do not approve of this poster at all. As I have stated previously, parenthood means both motherhood and fatherhood. Sexually transmitted infections are not to simply be regarded as women's health issues since they obviously effect everyone. We complain about our daughters being brought up in a 'princess ridden culture' and yet this poster is promoting that very culture by its pink colour. This poster is just evidence of how much is still not discussed or given attention. I even received an email from Planned Parenthood itself on how "We have to raise a massive outcry against this dangerous attack on women's health." THIS DOES NOT ONLY EFFECT WOMEN!

0 comments: